2013-2014 NJPSA Membership Categories and Applications
NJPSA provides a variety of membership categories that potential members can qualify for upon applying for membership. Below is the listing of membership categories with their corresponding applications provided by NJPSA. To view an expanded listing of our membership categories and options, please view our Categories and Options list for 2013/2014 and our Membership Team.
- Premier Active Membership — $820 Application
- Premier membership is open to any practicing New Jersey school administrator or supervisor. Active members shall be entitled to all rights and privileges, including the right to vote and hold office, including but not limited to, election to the Council, to the Cabinet and to any officer position. A practicing school administrator or supervisor is defined to be anyone who has responsibility for the administration and/or supervision of school or district program and/or staff. Premier members are entitled to all NJPSA services and benefits. These include legal services, negotiations and field representation, association paid insurance, professional development services, publications and much more.
- Associate Member — $180 Application
- Associate Members are those who are not practicing school administrators or supervisors, but who engage in educational pursuits. An associate member may include college or university professors. Associate members are not eligible to hold office or vote. Service includes publications, professional development opportunities and discount programs. This is an excellent inexpensive way to stay in the mainstream of the education community.
- Aspiring Member — $80 Application
- Membership is open to any educator practicing in a New Jersey school district who is not currently serving in any school administrator or supervisory capacity. Aspiring administrator members are not eligible to hold office or vote. Aspiring Members are permitted to serve on standing committees as non-voting members. These Aspiring Members would not be permitted to serve as a committee chair.
- Retired Membership — $90 Application
- Retired membership is open to former active, associate and/or aspiring administrators, with at least five (5) years membership prior to retirement. Retired members are not eligible to vote or hold office. Many services can automatically continue and others are available for a fee.
- Retired Lifetime Member — $365 Application
- Lifetime membership is open to retired members with five (5) years of uninterrupted membership. The fee is paid once.
- Organizational/Support Services Membership — $450 Application
- Organizational membership is open to any group or organization that provides, contributes or promotes services to the educational community. Organizational members are not eligible to hold office or vote. Organizational members are entitled to all NJPSA services and benefits. These include legal services negotiations and field representation, association paid insurance, professional development services and publications. Organizational members are not educators but support the educators work. e.g.These may include supervisors of building & grounds, food services, transportation, etc…
- Private School Membership — $430 Application
- Private school membership is open to any principal, headmaster, or supervisor working full or part time in a private school, whether secular or non secular, who are not active members. Private school members may not hold office or vote. Private school members are entitled to contract negotiations but not legal representation. The Cabinet shall have the power to pass upon the qualifications of applicants for private school membership.
The Board of Directors shall have the power to pass upon the qualifications of applicants for NJPSA membership.